New ETF request - iShares MSCI Global Semiconductors UCITS ETF USD (Acc) SEMI

Hi Everyone :slight_smile:

Is any chance we could add on this ETF to our list please???
Many thanks;)

iShares MSCI Global Semiconductors UCITS ETF USD (Acc)

ISIN IE000I8KRLL9

SEMI

The iShares MSCI Global Semiconductors UCITS ETF USD (Acc) seeks to track the MSCI ACWI IMI Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment ESG Screened Select Capped index. The MSCI ACWI IMI Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment ESG Screened Select Capped index tracks large, mid and small cap companies across 23 Developed Markets and 24 Emerging Markets that are active in the semiconductor industry. The stocks included are filtered according to ESG criteria (environmental, social and corporate governance).

The ETF’s TER (total expense ratio) amounts to 0.35% p.a.. The iShares MSCI Global Semiconductors UCITS ETF USD (Acc) is the only ETF that tracks the MSCI ACWI IMI Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment ESG Screened Select Capped index. The ETF replicates the performance of the underlying index by full replication (buying all the index constituents). The dividends in the ETF are accumulated and reinvested in the ETF. The iShares MSCI Global Semiconductors UCITS ETF USD (Acc) is a large ETF with 805m GBP assets under management. The ETF was launched on 3 August 2021 and is domiciled in Ireland.

1 Like

I would like to see this on the list as well. Good call.

1 Like

Doubt it, as its Dollar denominated, hence the “USD” in the title. You have to find the GBP class or a similar fund, such as VanEck’s SMGB

if they offered USD denominated ETFs there would likely be a currency charge. Would you pay half a percent currency conversion fee, i wonder?

Thank You Invest Engine Team​:wink::call_me_hand: :raised_hands::pray::pray::pray:

Hi patch. The USD in the title actually refers to the fund base currency and is not the trading currency. Confusing, I know!

SEMI is actually listed in GBP on the LSE, so InvestEngine should be able to add it.

1 Like

Has been added today already​:wink::slightly_smiling_face::call_me_hand:

Great stuff. I’ll have to compare SMGB and SEMI :blush:

1 Like