Originally published at: Watch: Quality, the all-weather investment – InvestEngine Insights
On November 9th, we hosted a discussion with our partners at WisdomTree. The talk explored Quality investing – focusing on high quality companies which have demonstrated stability and resilience, helping to build wealth over the long term.
You’ll find out what Quality investing is, how it can benefit a portfolio and how you can get started.
Our panelists were:
- Andrew Prosser, Head of Investments at InvestEngine
- Pierre Debru, Head of Quantitative Research & Multi-Asset Solutions at WisdomTree
Andrew and Pierre also took the time at the end of the session to answer questions from the audience.
Watch the full discussion above and keep your eyes peeled for more InvestEngine webinars going forward!
Why invest in Quality companies?
- Historically, they have a strong performance. Over the long-term, high quality companies have tended to outperform the market.*
- They can perform well in tough periods. During volatility, people often move their investments to more stable businesses, so high quality companies can perform well.
- They can protect investors. Quality stocks can perform well across the business cycle, meaning they may protect investors against equity drawdown.
- It’s recommended by the experts. There is a consensus between academics and investors that Quality is an important part of an investment portfolio.
*Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
Capital at risk. The value of your portfolio with InvestEngine can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you invest. ETF costs also apply.
This communication is provided for general information only and should not be construed as advice. If in doubt you may wish to consult a professional adviser for guidance.
Tax treatment depends on personal circumstances and is subject to change, and past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.