Favourite / Most Interesting ETF

What InvestEngine ETF do you love the most?

What ETF do you find the most interesting, even if it’s not the biggest potential earner?

For example, I’ve dabbled in the UFOP Procure Space ETF; what an interesting sector to have in your portfolio!

3 Likes

I’m following 4 ETFs atm that have hydrogen in the mix. There’s a lot of ‘noise’ re hydrogen from Ineos, JCB and Twiggy Forests AU hydrogen proposals. I can see it replacing diesel on trains, plant and probably other heavy industry ‘vehicles’

3 Likes

I’ve gone for a drill down, with less China exposure, on Emerging Markets & have opted for:

HSBC Emerging Markets Latin America (HMLA)

I’ve also added HSBC MSCI Canada (HCAN) to the mix for more global exposure.

Already a holder on another platform (but planning to move) my biggest single sector ETF is ECOG: L&G Ecommerce Logistics

2 Likes

Thanks for that, I’ve had a little punt at Hydrogen myself now :+1:

1 Like

Has to be VUSA for me. The boring old Vanguard S&P 500 ETF.
It’s been a real compounding wealth builder over the years.

1 Like

I quite like the healthcare sector both for current economic conditions and for the long term.

I’d go for Ishares S&P500 Healthcare Sector (IHCU).

2 Likes

Most of my investments are with Vanguard SP 500. Then I have given myself 25k to play with and that was with the NASDAQ 100, and earlier this year I transfer it into the SP 500 Energy and that has done very well.

1 Like

Aside from the usual and obvious bulk (S&P, Nasdaq, Global Funds), I’ve added these to my playful portfolio - they’ve all performed terribly (HTWG is down 35% since inception for example) over the recent year or two, so they’re all super cheap right now and have great potential (you wouldn’t bet your life on it, but part of my investment journey is having fun). The main funds are life planning, this stuff is a hobby!

2 Likes

Pretty boring but V3AB. Not so much for the ESG (which I think is a bit of a minefield atm) but the fact that it’s the most diversified ETF going I think. It has over 2000 more stocks than VWRL and includes small caps which VWRL omits. It is currently losing out a touch compare to VWRL but that makes sense as last 6 months have been widely turd and the smaller caps lose more. But in good times I think it’ll be solid and in terms of super stress free set-and-forget it’s a winner surely.

1 Like