Hi,
I’m thinking about moving an old SIPP from elsewhere over to InvestEngine, what are people’s thoughts on MAMG ETF?
Thanks,
Lee
Hi,
I’m thinking about moving an old SIPP from elsewhere over to InvestEngine, what are people’s thoughts on MAMG ETF?
Thanks,
Lee
Why did you choose / want to choose this ETF? Around 36% of it is invested into ESG screened holdings which may affect returns. Do you know what is being screened out?
InvestEngine were recommending it when I opened the SIPP.
What are you trying to achieve with this SIPP, growth, stability, or a balance of both? Your age, time to retirement, tolerance for volatility, and what you currently hold are probably the key starting points.
After decades of investing, I have learned not to take investment advice too literally: it is rarely entirely unbiased or neutral. I also think it is very difficult to outperform the market consistently through more ‘sophisticated’ investment products. For most people, keeping things simple with low cost ETF index trackers is likely to be the better approach.
MAMG is a moderate risk, multi asset ETF rather than a high growth equity ETF. It may provide a smoother ride than an all equity portfolio, but its more cautious mix is likely to mean lower long term growth potential. It is designed more for balancing risk and return than maximising long term capital growth and will likely not make you ‘wealthy’ in the long term.
Not financial advice, just my personal view.