Shariah compliant

Are there any Shariah compliant ETFs? They exist for my kids child trust funds - but they do charge high fees. Just wondering if any ETFs exists in here that we can add to our portfolio?

a quick search here InvestEngine ETF range - Build Your Own ETF DIY Portfolio shows that InvestEngine has two Islamic ETFs:

• ISWD (iShares MSCI World Islamic (Dist))
  • ISUS (iShares MSCI USA Islamic (Dist))

their costs are 0.6% and 0.5% respectively

1 Like

Hello,

@Investengine : please consider adding the ETFs in this comment - General questions about ETFs not currently on InvestEngine - #8 by dkzw

Thanks.

Hi @dkzw, I have forwarded your ETF request to our investment team, who will look into adding it to our DIY portfolio option.

Hi @Paul_M,

Thank you - very excited to hear that.
Please keep us in the loop on this thread.

Hi @Paul_M

Has there been any update on the new HSBC Islamic ETFs being added to DIY portfolio option?
These are the ETFs in question : General questions about ETFs not currently on InvestEngine - #8 by dkzw

Thanks.

Hi there! Its great to see you are still interested in us adding these types of ETFs. We are aware there is demand for these, and believe they will be a great addition to our ETF range.

We will post on here as soon as we are able to add them.

Happy investing !

Any update on this?

The HSBC Islamic ETF looks fairly straight forward. What’s the holdup?

Are you limited by market makers? Liquidity? Trading currency? What? I don’t understand if you have the infrastructure to execute other ETF trades why you can’t execute these.

Additionally : why don’t we have a look through tool to isolate the Shariah compliance of the ETFs underlying holdings? Not just the HSBC one ( that should be OK) but all the others?

Hello!

We do listen to suggestions, including yours, and we will look to implement shariah compliant ETFs as soon as possible. For instance, we intend to implement SIPPs this summer after listening to community suggestions.

Thank you for suggesting the tool to isolate the Shariah compliance of the ETFs underlying holdings, I have raised this with our team.

1 Like

Hi Team InvestEngine!,

Hope everyone has had a good Xmas.

With the imminent launch of SIPPs, Is there any news on when the HSBC Islamic ETFs mentioned in the link below can be brought into InvestEngine?

Thank you and Happy New Year.