Originally published at: How to transfer your ISA (and why you might want to) – InvestEngine Insights
Bringing an existing ISA over to InvestEngine couldn’t be easier. Here’s how you do it:
- Log into your InvestEngine account
- On ‘My dashboard’, open your ISA portfolio (or create one) and you’ll see an option to transfer an existing ISA
- Confirm your details and the details of the ISA you want to transfer
- Sit back and relax
If you don’t have an existing InvestEngine account, you’ll have to open one before you can transfer. It only takes a couple of minutes and you can do it here.
ISA transfers used to take weeks to complete, but our system means, in most cases, you can have your ISA transferred to InvestEngine in a matter of days.
Why transfer your ISA?
Aside from the obvious like the unbeatable fees, our smart investing features and our top notch investor support, you might want to consider transferring for these reasons:
- Consolidation. Bringing all of your pots together under one roof can make it much easier to keep track of your wealth and make financial decisions with clarity. It also cuts down on the time spent keeping track of performance across a bunch of ISAs.
- In-specie transfers. You no longer have to sell your assets to transfer to InvestEngine. If your ETFs are featured on our platform, you won’t have to interact with markets at all to bring them over.
- Make the most of your allowance. You can only invest into one of each type of ISA each tax year. This means that if you pay into a stocks and shares ISA with one provider, you can’t pay into another elsewhere that tax year. So, to get the most out of your £20,000 allowance, consider bringing it all together into one pot.
It’s never been easier to move your investments to a new provider, so consider whether you’re getting true value for money and consider a switch to make the most of your money.
So, if transferring is that easy, why should you bring your ISA to InvestEngine? Here’s just a few reasons to switch:
Save on costs. We’re unbeatable on fees, and there are plenty of providers that charge a premium rate without delivering a premium service. The difference of a few decimal points on your fee percentage can have a huge impact over time.
The tools to help you invest. Our platform makes investing easier than ever, from our autoinvest feature to our one-click rebalancing. Our tools are designed to help you invest in a way that fits with your long-term financial goals, so your portfolio is always fit for purpose.
Transparency guaranteed. Our Portfolio Look-Through feature means you can see exactly what you’re invested in at a glance, whether it’s by region, asset type or company. With InvestEngine, you’re never in the dark about where your money is held.
Managed portfolios. Not everyone has the time or inclination to manage their investments personally. For just 0.25% a year, our experts can manage a globally diversified portfolio on your behalf, one that’s tailored to your plans and gives you full visibility on your investments.
Capital at risk. The value of your portfolio with InvestEngine can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you invest. ETF costs also apply.
This communication is provided for general information only and should not be construed as advice. If in doubt you may wish to consult a professional adviser for guidance.
Tax treatment depends on personal circumstances and is subject to change, and past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.