I am not able to find Vanguard Information Technology ETF on invest Engine

I am not able to find Vanguard Information Technology ETF on invest Engine ,
SPDR S&P 500 ETF on Invest Engine . Anyone can guide me how to find and invest in these ETF.

Both of the funds you named are traded on the NYSE in USD. InvestEngine trades only ETFs listed on the LSE in GBP (and not all of them).

The closest InvestEngine-available ETF you can get to Vanguard Information Technology (VGT on NYSE) is probably iShares S&P 500 Information Technology (IITU). They don’t track the same index, but their performance do look alike throughout the lifetime of IITU:

(VGT prices have been converted from USD to GBP for this comparison. Compares total return, i.e. assumes dividends if any are reinvested.)

SPDR S&P 500 (SPY on NYSE) is more straightforward. If you search for S&P 500 on InvestEngine’s ETF search page, you’ll find several choices, varying on accumulative vs. distributing and hedged vs. unhedged. Among these, the ETF with the lowest TER is Invesco S&P 500 (SPXP). Unsurprisingly, SPXP and SPY do look highly correlated:

(SPY prices have been converted from USD to GBP for this comparison. Compares total return, i.e. assumes dividends if any are reinvested.)

Keep in mind though: in trying to find an InvestEngine-available ETF that mimics a US ETF, even if both are tracking the same index, there’s always the currency risk of GBP vs USD to worry about. I hope you find what you need.

5 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing great information , I will have a look to ETFs you have suggested as an alternative option. Thanks.