LISA and SIPP incoming?

Are we getting a LISA or perhaps a SIPP soon?

2 Likes

T212 dont have a LISA or a SIPP, what a game changer that would be and a great idea omian.

sadly i wish i was young enough for a LISA but i will be a share holder tomorrow.

1 Like

Iā€™m urging my nieces to get LISAs but currently it looks like it might be from HL. Iā€™d prefer them to use IE butā€¦

@Omian - Weā€™re not quiet ready to formally announce anything or share any detail yet ā€¦ but maybe ask me again about SIPPs in June/July :wink:

1 Like

Hi Tom.

Can you relay to your team to please develop a product that allows employer contributions.

After years waiting for Vanguard to develop their product, it turned out that they created one that doesnā€™t allow employer contributions, which seems incredible as the vast bulk of the UK workforce are employees and not self employed.

Vanguard lost my business then and I had to go to another provider that does allow this.

I sincerely hope IE doesnā€™t make the same mistakeā€¦

Yes, absolute on the same page as you @PunchPerfect. Weā€™re working through the details of a ā€˜Salary Sacrificeā€™ option to allow employers to contribute directly before payroll taxes / NI. As I understand it there is a dependency on the Employerā€™s payroll system etc.

Weā€™re looking at how we can better engage Employers and potential ā€œWorkplace / Group SIPPā€ options to get that Employer side buy-in too. (Likely more posts on out to our community on this in the coming months)

2 Likes

As a client and shareholder in IE, thatā€™s great to hear Tom :slight_smile:

Salary sacrifice is how Iā€™m doing this currently.

Itā€™s incredible to think a new investment firm is seemingly more in touch with is client base and needs than the second biggest wealth manager in the world :joy:

2 Likes

My employer pays contribution to a pension provider of their choice, I transfer the contribution to my preferred pension provider every month.

Thatā€™s better than not having the option at all, but the extra admin work, plus time out of the market whilst transferring means itā€™s far from ideal.

Agreed. I donā€™t think my employer would consider paying contributions to other providers. :disappointed:

Iā€™m fortunate that 1) my employer agrees to salary sacrifice 2) they pay a higher SIPP percentage contribution than they would through their workplace pension and 3) allow it to be paid to any pension provider of my choosing. I know a lot of people donā€™t have such luck thoughā€¦