ETF Suggestions

Hi there,

Can I make a couple of suggestions for new ETFs?

I invest in a lot of Lithium companies and there are quite a few attractive ETFs, this one seems to be the best one:

Global X Lithium and Battery Tech (NYSEARCA: LIT)

Also, with the market tanking and looking to be that way for a while - would there be any possibility about some inverse ETFs? May as well try for some short term gains by investing in them going down!

Many thanks,

Matty

Hi Dont know whether one can short ETF s ? and how they be priced …Frank M

Just google inverse ETF’s - wealth of info…

1 Like

Yep thanks realised my mistake …

2 Likes

I’m not making a comment on how wise it is to invest in them, but I’d certainly consider investing short-term in an inverse EFT for the next few months, more likely we are going down than up

Totally agree you follow any of the e t f guys in on you tube ?some goid ones and they like suggestions on topics to do Frank

2 Likes

Not EFT ones - if you recommend some I’ll give them a watch, cheers Frank!

Please can you add an S&P 500 Value, as it looks like they are holding up well and if we head in to recessions, should out perform the S&P 500

I am looking at Invesco S&P 500 QVM UCITS ETF Dist, but could not find it ?

https://etf.invesco.com/gb/private/en/product/invesco-sp-500-qvm-ucits-etf-dist/performance

Thank you

1 Like

Hi Matty,
Thank you for making the suggestion.
I’ll make sure to pass it on to the relevant team.
Chat soon,
Mark

1 Like

Thank you Mark!!

I appreciate that.

Hope you well,

Matty

1 Like

No problem at all, I hope you’re enjoying InvestEngine and the community.
Mark

Have you looked at L&G Battery Value‑Chain BATG? Seems to have similar holdings to LIT - albeit different weightings and 33 companies in BATG v 40.

Interested in why you might prefer LIT v BATG?

Is LIT listed on a UK exchange - not sure InvestEngine can add it if it is only NYSE listed.

Some more dividend ETFs would be great.

HDV ishare core dividend

SCHD Schwab US dividend

DIVO amplify Cwp enhanced dividend

JEPI Jp morgan equity premium income

SDIV Global X super dividend

DIV Global super dividend.

1 Like

Hey Alex,
Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll make sure to pass onto the team.
Have a great weekend.
Mark

They all look like US ETFs that arent UCITS so cant be traded in the UK.

If you look at a site like Justetf.com you should be able to find a similar unstrument that can be traded in the UK.

1 Like

voo and ivv holding up well too in juky awaiting jobs figures …!!!

Presume theres no inverse in the 510 listing …??Frank

No Inverse or leverage ETFs on the platform at the moment…

Truthfully we’re a little hesitant about adding any. We’re aiming to be the best place for portfolio bases to long-term investing. We don’t of these funds in our managed portfolio, so we haven’t added any to the DIY universe (for now). We’re listening to demand & feedback from customers on this thought.

1 Like

Thanks
Appreciate inverse can be troubled especially with leverages …
As we are alleging a recession until end 23 maybe worth being a sensible option though …
Frank meyer

1 Like

Any suggestions of an ETF with more exposure to defense stocks (i.e. Lockheed Martin, Raytheon etc…)?

Invesco Aerospace and Defense doesn’t seem to be available on InvestEngine yet but could it be added?

Really enjoying the platform so far (newish user, though using other platforms) just would like some more options and ones that ESG-based scoring wouldn’t cover

1 Like