IITU (Acc) Why do stock prices show differently

Hey this is probably a stupid question but I just don’t understand why IITU price is £25.72 on invest engine but all other places show it in pence. Google / Apple stocks etc…JustETF shows it the same as invest engine…Interestingly Trading 212 also show it p2,572.00…

All my other funds I invest in show consistently accross platforms. Is there any particular reason why some funds do this but others don’t? I’ve noticed it with some individual stocks but I can’t say I’ve noticed it with funds…Would love to get an explanation to why this happens to some funds/stocks?

EDIT:
If anyone could also explain why the weights are so different between platforms? I’d understand a couple percent difference but Nvidia is almost double on IE compared to T212???

A lot of ETFs trade in pence (GBX), but i think InvestEngine just simplifies it to £ in their interface. I dont think IE shows any ETFs in pence? Still the same price in a different format, so nothing I’d worry about.

Regarding your second point, id just guess it is because none of them show live weightings. JustETF, for example, on the corner will tell you when their weightings display was last updated. There’s a good chance it hasn’t been updated for a few months.

No idea how often IE and T212 update their weightings display, but I am almost certain it isn’t live.

I’ve found that the ETF provider websites (WisdomTree, Xtrackers, iShares, etc) have the most regularly updated holding weightings.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and makes sense. Just makes it annoying when using the Apple stocks app with the display difference.

With regards to the weighting it’s strange how they change so drastically, I didn’t realise the weighting moved around as much as it does. Thanks for clarifying!