Transactions "Awaiting Settlement"

Why is it that only InvestEngine appears to have this issue when other “competitor” platforms does not have it? If others do have it, then they deal with it in the background which does not affect the Investors potential actions and thus they are not even aware of it.

As far as I am concerned this should not be my problem at all and I should not be affected by this. However, it directly affect me as I cannot utilise the fancy Rebalance Portfolio option while I still have these awaiting settlement nonsense hanging over me. After all, and I quote: “…It is important to understand that the prices are locked in once we’ve made the trade; if the price goes up or down, you are locked into the price at the execution time.”

Therefore I should be able to rebalance my portfolio any time I wish to whether there are still transactions waiting for settlement or not.

Frankly this knocks the the faith and confidence I have in the platform down a notch or two even though I invested in the platform itself…

2 Likes