Accumulating vs Distributing

Hi, this is more a question out of curiosity than a solid request to add specific ETFs.

I see that for certain investments both the accumulating and distributing variants from the same fund provider are available, e.g.

• :white_check_mark: VWRP: Vanguard FTSE All-World (acc)
  • :white_check_mark: VWRL: Vanguard FTSE All-World (dist)

For others, just one of the variants is available, e.g.

• :white_check_mark: VSCA: Vanguard USD Corporate 1-3 Year Bond (acc)
  • :x: VUSC: Vanguard USD Corporate 1-3 Year Bond (dist)
  • :x: GGRG: WisdomTree Global Quality Dividend Growth (acc)
  • :white_check_mark: GGRP: WisdomTree Global Quality Dividend Growth (dist)

Is there a reason for selecting one or the other?

I reckon it would make for a more consistent product offering if both variants are made available (at least in cases where the same fund provider carries both).

1 Like

Hi @chungf

Interesting question. If I’m honest I don’t think there’s a good reason for these inconsistences, its likely the result of us juggling a number of priorities as we’ve built up the universe ETFs over time.

It something we will look to address over the coming months. It quite a dry topic but we’re doing lots of work on our back end systems for the admin the these funds and our trading. As we build up our operational processes & back end tech we can look to add more ETFs and eliminate some of these anomalies.

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining what’s happening behind the scenes. Happy to learn of the plans for improvement; I hope they’ll come into fruition soon!

1 Like