ISA transfers — what happens after I submit my form?

1. Your completed transfer form is automatically sent through to the InvestEngine team once completed via the ISA transfer link
  2. The InvestEngine team will review your form to ensure we have all the required details.
    We’ll be in touch if we need anything further from you.
  3. Once reviewed, we’ll contact your existing provider to instruct a transfer.
  4. Your current provider will sell your existing investments and transfer the cash to your InvestEngine portfolio so it can be reinvested.
  5. We will contact you via email once we’ve received the cash.

Please note, this may take up to 30 days as per HMRC rules but we’ll try and make this quicker!

1 Like

When you submit an electronic ISA transfer form will InvestEngine send an email confirmation?
I submitted an ISA transfer form a few weeks ago to transfer this years ISA into InvestEngine from Trading 212. I haven’t had any correspondence from either.

My wife successfully transferred her ISA into InvestEngine from Vanguard last week :blush:
Vanguard did confirm in the first few days that they had a request from InvestEngine to transfer the ISA from Vanguard.

Hi Rishi,

You can contact our client support service via email support@investengine.com

The ISA team will check for the latest updates regarding your transfer.

Looking forward to hear back from you!

1 Like

Thank you very much Mike :+1:t4:

Hi!

The process has changed recently when we implemented in-specie transfers on our platform

1. Your completed transfer form is automatically sent through to the InvestEngine team once completed via the ISA transfer link
  2. The InvestEngine team will review your form to ensure we have all the required details.
    We’ll be in touch if we need anything further from you.
  3. Once reviewed, we’ll contact your existing provider to instruct a transfer.
  4. Your current provider will send us the valuation of your ISA, so that we could see which part of your ISA can be transferred in-specie and what funds will need to be sold.
  5. If necessary, your current provider will sell your existing investments (partially or in full) and transfer the cash to your InvestEngine portfolio so it can be reinvested.
  6. Your holdings that are transferred in-specie will be transferred into your empty DIY ISA portfolio.
  7. We will contact you via email once we’ve received the cash and/or ETF part of your transfer.

With in-specie transfers we aim to complete the process within 15 days, however, please note, this may take up to 30 days as per HMRC rules.