Investing Auto Balance?

Can we have an option to use investment deposits to help rebalance a portfolio?

So instead of buying each amount at the target level. It will purchase ETFs in a way that will aim to restore balance.

Can we do this?

Thanks!

Josh

2 Likes

Hi Josh, at the moment this is not something that we are able to offer for compliance reasons but we hope it will be something that we can continue to look at in the future.

Currently you can either invest new cash at the target weights, or buy the individual ETFs to change the balance yourself. Another option would be to invest the money and then, when fully invested, click rebalance to fine tune to your desired weights.

1 Like

Hi Josh,

I think this is available on the app already.

Deposit some money, add the ETFS you want to invest in and click the Invest tab. Itā€™ll buy the etfs at your desired/pre-set proportions.
Hope that helps.

KR,

Theo

Yep I know but thatā€™s not what I asked for.

If portfolio is 50/50 and after growth it is now 55/45. I would like to pay more into the 45 holding in order to restore the 50/50 balance if that makes sense?

2 Likes

I am just commenting because Iā€™m interested in this feature as well. This is the ultimate feature for having a fully automated lazy portfolio. I hope you can solve the compliance issues and give us this option soon. It could also be helpful to schedule a rebalance like once a month, quarter, or year.

Hi,

Any news on this? Im not sure what the compliance issue is. Could you explain? Other apps to allow for this.

Josj

Hi @Josh,

The issue is really around our duty to ensure everyone who uses the app fully understands what theyā€™re doing and what going to happen at every step when they use the AutoInvest feature.

Its a difficult balanceā€¦most people in this community, like myself, are at the more ā€˜geekyā€™ end of the scale (compliances words not mine :rofl: ) and would understand having a 2nd AutoInvest option to buys just underweight holdingsā€¦But it does get tricker to explain. Our more causal users still need to full understand what happening when they have AutoInvest switched on. That the rational behind not having this option.

This isnā€™t black & white, I could see us look at adding this as an ā€œAdvancedā€ option in the future when we have the time to work through the flow & UI . So its really helpful to read these comments and understand the demand for the feature.

@Josh,
You can simply adjust the percentage of each ETF and then buy. This will gradually bring your desired percentages back in line.
Iā€™d also advise that you look into how often balancing a portfolio is effective. Lots of advice out there