How are regular contributions distributed

I have a few etfs in my portfolio, opened last month. I now have regular payments set up.

Say my desired weighting is 20% 20% 60%.

Say today the have drifted to 19% 15% 66%, will the new cash be allocated 20-20-60, leaving the portfolio roughly how it is, or will it ‘fill up’ the first and second funds back to 20% before buying any more of the fund set to 60%?

Any wider comment on what an investor should do in this situation, eg allocate new funds to rebalance or add funds in the same ratio regardless, let me know your thoughts.

I don’t think there is a ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ way - they’re just different.

I believe InvestEngine places orders based on set allocation rather than automatically rebalancing the portfolio. You can rebalance the portfolio using the “rebalance portfolio” button under “options”.

That said, some trades can be a bit slow, so you may have to wait a bit before all trades close and you can rebalance. It’s annoying, but as a long term investor I only rebalance once ever 3-to-6 months, so that’s not the end of the world for me.

As the last user in this thread said, there’s no right of wrong way as to when you rebalance. It all depends on your wider investment strategy.